Inky caps are up. One of my favorite mushrooms, Inky’s are one of the first mushrooms up in my area and I look for them when the fiddle heads start to end. They decompose in a few hours so you really will not get to try them unless you forage them. They do have a somewhat poisonous lookalike called the alcohol inky. It reacts with alcohol and you get to vomit for 24 hours. So … don’t mess up. Anyway I like them sautéed in butter with ramps sail and pepper. Then served on bruschetta and with a saintly blue cheese.